Advanced Memory Care, Right in Your Neighborhood
Welcome to memory care at Bristol, located in the town best known for being the birthplace of country music. Our brand new community was built to serve the needs of individuals with Dementia, Alzheimers disease, and various other forms of memory loss.
We are here to help your loved one feel at home by incorporating a country living lifestyle into daily activities and our life enrichment programs. Our beautiful scenic backdrop creates a peaceful atmosphere for residents, visiting family and friends to enjoy. Below are a few of the small details that provide that country charm at MCB:
- Freshly brewed coffee, natural teas & homemade lemonade always available
- Cozy common areas and living room
- Wooden rockers throughout the premises with a newspaper always close by!
- Indoor and outdoor walking paths for leisurely strolls
- Country Cafe: Bake cookies, pies and make homemade jams and jellies!
- Outdoor courtyards with raised garden beds and putting green!
- Private mailboxes
When memory loss touches your life, we are here for you. That’s where Memory Care at Bristol comes in …
Having a regular activity schedule provides a stimulating routine for the residents in our Memory Care community. When planning the schedule, our team gathers input from family caregivers and the resident, which maximizes the chance that the resident will participate willingly, successfully and frequently. We make plans as tailored and specific as possible while getting a variety of activities that are cognitively stimulating, and involve socialization and physical activity. Activity planning also gives our caregivers an opportunity to brainstorm new ideas our residents would like based on their experience of the previous month.
Most importantly, all of our activities are MEANINGFUL and ACHIEVABLE!
Aside from our group activity schedule, we also organize customized activity plans that are catered to the individual resident. These plans can include one on one activities or even set up for an activity the resident enjoys completing independently, like knitting. Our team is educated on choosing appropriate activities for our residents so that their day is of INTEREST and VALUE to them and at a level at which they can successfully participate in.
We achieve this through 4 parts:
- Understanding our resident’s current abilities.
- Learning their life history.
- Brainstorm ideas using current research.
- Trial and Error where we try each activity and reflect, modify and amend where needed.
At Memory Care at Bristol, we insist our residents get the best home cooked meals created specifically with their taste in mind. Our nutritiously well-balanced meals are served in our beautiful, cozy dining room, and we encourage residents to dine restaurant-style with their neighbors. Our program was uniquely designed by our Executive Chef and Registered Dietician to address any dining or nutrition challenges associated with dementia. The program improves food intake while ensuring the dining experience is personalized and fully engaging for each resident. Some consistent parts of our dementia friendly dining program are: contrasting table settings, making food easy to distinguish, providing easy-to-use tableware, keeping table settings simple, providing comfort and pleasant ambiance, and keeping distractions to a minimum.
We welcome and encourage friends and family to join residents in our dining experience. Ask us about providing a private dining room for residents to share a meal or a celebration with your group of family or friends.
We pride ourselves in offering a Facilitated Dining Club! For any of our residents who enjoy involvement in food preparation and mealtime tasks, we provide ways for them to engage in this part of the dining experience. Examples can include washing vegetables, pouring gravy, icing the top of a cake, pouring ingredients in a cup, laying the table, clearing away plates, etc.
We pride ourselves in development of individualized care plans and treatment options that consider our residents’ current abilities & interests. We believe in promoting independence by encouraging resident involvement in daily living tasks and fun activities. Our devoted caregivers love to spend time with our seniors and strive to engage them in meaningful activities while meeting their medical and physical needs around the clock. Some of our amenities include:
- 30 bed secure community
- 24/7 supervised care & on-site licensed nurse
- Individual Suits and Shared Rooms with beautiful views of our courtyards
- On-site Rehabilitation Gym – we can assist in arranging for physical, occupational and speech therapy in-house without the inconvenience of travel
- 3 balanced meals
- Nutritious snacks and creative hydration program
- Physician & dental services
- Personal laundry and linen services
- Housekeeping and Maintenance services
- Medication monitoring and safekeeping
- Life Enrichment Program to enhance quality of life – includes stimulating activities that are physical, social, creative, spiritual and outdoors
- Indoor and outdoor walking paths
- Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Sensory Room and Activity Spaces
Scheduling Your Tour
If you’d like to visit our memory care community schedule a tour today!